Wednesday, February 3, 2016

PRINT BOOK PLANS








For over a year now I've wanted to publish a newie or two, and would have except for life shoving its big ol' sloppy butt in the way. There's factors, all kinds of factors, everywhere to turn. But I'm crafty. And I ain't never heard of the word kwit. See? I don't even know how to spell it.

Originally I wanted LOST COASTER to follow THE TOWER in print. That's because Zen Mendosa and Phil Stein are the same guy. I could split them up and publish skinnier print books cheaper. When they're too thin the pages curl up more though, and you can't really see the title on the spine. I think it's better to put like stories together and give as much bang for the buck as possible with a book that looks and feels like a book. That said, THE TOWER is one of my most hated of tales, for many reasons, and I can't have it sinking the ship of my favored brain-child, LOST COASTER. Should I pair it up with GRAVE NEW WORLD? Hm. Not positive yet, but probably.

One I am sure about is DREEM. That one has to be preceded by THE BOG. The climactic conclusion of DREEM hinges on the climactic conclusion in THE BOG.

Lastly, I've got about a dozen short stories or more that I'll put in a volume called REDWOODPUNK.

So that'll be LOST COASTER, DREEM and REDWOODPUNK coming up in print whenever I can make that happen. I have a pretty good idea what the covers will look like. Some stories, such as THE BOG and GRAVE NEW WORLD, I've left open-ended online to encourage theoretical print sales someday.

If I was to put together one volume of my most representative work, by the way, it would be these short novels in this order:

LOST COASTER
THE BOG
DREEM
DRIFTING ROOM
HIDDEN SPRINGS
THE MESMERIZER
GRAVE NEW WORLD


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the share. You are helping others to grow their knowledge by sharing such a valuable information very helpful

    Thanks Again
    Bierdeckeldruck

    ReplyDelete